The Herbal Apothecary: Recipes, Remedies and RitualsChristine Iverson
Learn the sustainable and ethical art of the apothecarist with this beautiful photographic guide to working with herbs and spices to make healing remedies and delicious recipes.
Discover the fascinating properties and therapeutic benefits of everyday ingredients found in herb gardens and kitchen cupboards.
For centuries, herbalists and healers have looked to nature for remedies and have made salves, toddies, teas, balms and preserves as cures for common ailments and to add piquant aromas and flavours to dishes - and now you can too.
Inside you will find:
- Photographs to help you safely identify edible plants
- Advice on what is available in each season
- Guidance on how best to grow, prepare and preserve your herbs and spices
- Useful herbal remedies and delicious recipes to try
- The fascinating folklore and history of these majestic aromatic plants
Hardback (Text (eye-readable)) 208pp h196mm x w176mm Approx. 100 full-colour photographs and 24 black and white line drawings.